Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Homemade Pot Stickers

Hello and Happy Tuesday!

Today I decided to share a recipe I found with you.  
My daughter Makena and I just LOVE asian food.  
One of her favorites is pot stickers.  We usually buy them but decided to challenge ourselves and make them this time.  It turned out that it was a lot easier than we thought...and oh so delicious!!


We even made the sauce to go with them.

We decided to make extras since we heard that they freeze well.
Now we have them ready to go for another night!


I found the recipe HERE but I'll post it for you below.
This was a great bonding time for my 14 year old daughter and I.  I wish we had more time to cook together!


Thank you to SPOON, FORK, BACON for the wonderful recipe!
Pot Stickers
Makes 30
Ingredients:
pork filling:
12 ounces ground pork
1 baby bok choy, diced (I couldn't find this so I used a regular bok choy and diced and sauteed it first.)
6 water chestnuts, diced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 egg, lightly beaten
30 round wonton wrappers
4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided

choganjang:
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 1/2 teaspoons gochujaru (Korean chili powder) (I didn't have this so I just added a TBSP. of sweet chili sauce...not sure if they're in any way compatible but the end result was delicious!)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions:
1. Place all filling ingredients into a bowl and mix together until well combined. Set aside.
2. Brush perimeter of a wonton wrapper with the remaining egg and fill center with 1 heaping tablespoon of pork filling. Seal and crimp together.
3. Set dumplings aside and repeat until all wrappers have been used.
4. Heat a large, heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil.
5. Add 5 to 6 pot stickers to pan and pan fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip pot stickers and continue to fry for 2 minutes.
6. Add 1 tablespoon water to the pan and cover for 1 minute or until the wonton wrappers have softened and steamed and the filling has finished cooking through.
7. Remove from heat and repeat until all pot stickers have been cooked. Serve immediately with choganjang.
8. Choganjang:Place all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together. Serve with pot stickers.


No comments: